Use of email by students at The British International School Al-Khobar (BISAK) is permitted and encouraged where such use supports the goals and objectives of the school. However, BISAK School has a policy for the use of email whereby the pupils must ensure that they
- use email in an acceptable way.
- do not create unnecessary risk to the school by their misuse of the internet comply with current legislation.
- Use of school communications systems for personal use or sending chain letters.
- Distributing, accessing or storing images, text or materials that might be considered indecent, inappropriate, pornographic, obscene or illegal.
- Distributing, accessing or storing images, text or materials that might be considered discriminatory, offensive or abusive, in that the context is a personal attack, sexist or racist, or might be considered as harassment or bullying.
- Accessing copyrighted information in a way that violates the copyright.
- Breaking into the school’s or another organization’s system or unauthorized use of a password/mailbox.
- Broadcasting unsolicited personal views on social, political, religious or other non- school related matters.
- Transmitting unsolicited commercial or advertising material (SPAM)
- Undertaking deliberate activities that waste staff effort or networked resources.
- Introducing any form of computer virus or malware into the school network.
- Accessing another person’s e-mail account.
- Sharing your password with another pupil both inside and outside BISAK.
BISAK School accepts that the use of email is a valuable school tool. However, misuse of this facility can have a negative impact upon student productivity and the reputation of the school.
In addition, all of the school’s email resources are provided for school purposes. Therefore, the school maintains the right to examine any systems and inspect any data recorded in those systems.
In order to ensure compliance with this policy, the school will use monitoring software in order to check upon the use and content of emails periodically. Such monitoring is for legitimate purposes only.
If a student is found to have breached this policy, they will face the withdrawal of their e-mail account and/or network usage for an indefinite period until sanctioned and authorized by their respective form tutor. In addition to this contact will be made with parents / Local guardians to notify them of our concerns.
All students who have been granted the right to use the school’s email services are required to sign this agreement confirming their understanding and acceptance of this policy.